Saturday, February 16, 2013

Our Apartment

Here is my sketch of our apartment:


I made the sketch in Visio to aid in our furniture purchasing. While it is a studio apartment, the separation of the sleeping area by the design and the use of a floor to ceiling curtain that can close it off from the living area  makes it seem like a one bedroom. I left the balcony off of this drawing, but it runs the entire length of that back wall where the sliding door is.

My husband and I agree that this is the favorite place we've ever lived. It is also the smallest. It is easy to clean, has everything we need, and is very quiet 95% of the time (I don't count birds and the constant thrum of traffic as noise).

I don't have any photos of the whole apartment yet. I have a few more major tasks to tackle before I say it is "done" (chiefly replacing the partition curtain with a different fabric and replacing the vertical patio blinds with a real cloth curtain).

And then of course there are the awesome views from the balcony (also can be seen from the living room and bedroom).


No comments:

Post a Comment