Sunday, March 10, 2013

Balcony Garden

I took this photo last weekend and there is already a notable difference in the size of the plants this weekend, so I figured I should go ahead and get this posted as a record of the starting point.

approximately 1 week after planting

From closest to farthest: strawberries, rosemary, cherry tomato, spinach, kale and green onion (in 1 pot). I planted them in late February, which is a bit late for the spinach and kale. However, I think I will be able to harvest enough to make it worthwhile before it starts getting too warm.

I really hope the strawberries do well. Central Texas was either too hot or cold for strawberries and they never thrived (or maybe it was just me - Poteet, TX does have a strawberry festival).

I also purchased herb seeds, but didn't buy enough pots. I'll get a pot and start them, but it will be really late to be starting from seed at that point (but I may as well try!).

Updates to follow on the success or failure of gardening in a new climate.

1 comment: