Saturday, October 19, 2013

Areas to live in LA: yes

Here is a map of Los Angeles County with categories based on whether I would recommend living there or not. This is based on my experience, talking to people, and looking at crime maps.


Because it would be a very long blog post if I described my reasoning for all of these areas in one post, I'll break it up by category. Kicking it off are the areas I wholeheartedly recommend living.

First off is Culver City (inclusive of Palms and West LA). I may be biased because I live in this particular area. What I like about the area:
  • Highway connection via the 10 and the 405
  • Transit connection via the Expo line
  • Relatively safe and quiet
  • Ethnic mix
  • Variety of local restaurants
  • Reasonably priced

The only other definite yes is Los Feliz. We looked into moving here before we knew where I would be working. What I like about the area:
  • Walking/Biking access to Griffith Park
  • Transit connection via the Red Line
  • Highway connection via the 5 and 101
  • Reasonably priced
  • Near LA River bike path

No comments:

Post a Comment